The information below was sent out via email to all NAC accounts on Sunday night, November 5th, 2017. It is being posted here in an effort to assist you with reactivating your account under our NEW Website system from Sports Illustrated - SI Play. This new website went "Officially Active" on Friday, November 3rd, 2017. Please read the information below - IT IS CRITICAL --- Especially #3. Additional help can be obtained by emailing our Web Host/IT director, Ken White, at email@example.com.
** Your NAC Acct - (*URGENT*) - Has Been CHANGED!!
*This informtion is EXTREMELY URGENT regarding your NAC Account*
In an effort to continue to deliver a seamless experience for members, directors, etc., Norwood Athletic Club has once again upgraded our entire website from Blue Sombrero, and switched to Sports Illustrated Play (SI Play).The address www.norwoodac.com now directs everyone to the new website host - SI Play, with an entirely new look --- and much easier experience for all.
There are, however, some serious issues you need to be aware of at this time.
1) We managed to transfer ALL the accounts to the new website, which INCLUDES your existing "USER I.D." that you use to Log In ... as well as addresses and phone numbers. The USER I.D. for logging in "should" NOT have changed (YOU MAY BE ABLE TO ALSO TRY YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS as a User ID - the one listed on your account all this time). There might be errors in your acct ... and may include addresses, phone numbers, cell numbers omitted, etc ... and God help us, User ID's for Logging in.
2) But ALL ORIGINAL PASSWORDS no longer work on this new system--- they could NOT be transferred automatically (They are still good on the old website - more to come on that below). Therefore, I will need everyone to simply go to www.norwoodac.com (Make sure you arrive at SPORTS ILLUSTRATED's version of NAC) and click LOGIN. When the login screen appears, type your current USER ID ... and then leave the password BLANK and click "RESET PASSWORD."
Follow the instructions from there. If the system sends you a temporary password via email, use it to log in ... and then CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD back to whatever you wish from your account settings. This system is new to everyone, so as soon as I have the chance to create a series of step-by-step HELP PAGES, I will do so ... and post it on the Main Page!
3) MOST important --- NO CHILD PROFILES HAVE BEEN COPIED OVER. This was not an option when switching to SI Play.
Therefore, EVERYONE will need to log in and create NEW PROFILES for every/any child that will participate in NAC sports.
If you will attempt to do this right away on your own, just Make certain you select the proper gender, and correct birthdate. I have not gotten far enough to see how that setup works, so if you are intimidated by it, you can simply wait until I post a tutorial!
4) NAC Registrations for this new website will begin with Winter Indoor Soccer & 2018 Baseball/Softball/Teeball.
2017/18 BASKETBALL (which is just beginning) will continue to use the OLD WEBSITE from Blue Sombrero for this season only, until late March 2018. If for any reason you need to do anything with basketball, PLEASE use this link to the old system for those BASKETBALL needs ... http://leagues.bluesombrero.com/norwoodac
5) ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT SETTINGS AND TRIPLE CHECK YOUR ADDRESS AND CELL PHONE NUMBER (we have heard of some people already having some mistakes in there) ... You MUST enter a valid cell phone number AND MUST enable Text Messaging if there is an option in the settings area (If you do not see an immediate available option to ENABLE TEXT -- just ignore that for now). Accounts may be considered "incomplete" in their setup, and not permit any features at all ... including registering!
6) Most of you will now be able to DELETE the Dicks Team Sports HQ mobile App from your phones ... and also Install the NEW App from Sports Illustrated, called " SI PLAY " --- already available in IOS & Android App Stores --- or from the link at the bottom of our new website.
For those in 2017/18 Basketball (currently underway), please KEEP the Dicks Team Sports HQ App through the remainder of this season ... through March 2018, since the old website contains all that information.
Yes ... you can use both Apps during this time --- as long as you use the correct login info for both sites --- NEW SI PLAY APPS must have already completed your PASSWORD RESET, Check personal info for mistakes in your account settings, AND created profiles for your children before using it (SI Play App). Dicks will access the old system's database, while SI Play will access the new/updated website.
================= ================= ================ ============
This is new to us all ... and I am relearning an entire new system as well, myself. So once I am able to walk myself through issues that our club members might encounter in the learning process, then** I will create the same style step-by-step pictorial Help Pages as before.
Thank you for your patience in all this, as we attempt to deliver you a much easier and satisfying end-user experience.